Join us November 4th, 2017 to be inspired by our feminist filmmakers
HOSTED BY FILMMAKER WYNTER RHYS
featuring 2017 REEL GRRLS
This event is open to ALL AGES
Zoe Events (1318 E Union St, Seattle, WA 98122)
6:30pm – 9pm
Tickets range from $25 – $150
(scholarships available thanks to Uncle Harry’s)
Last November, you helped us celebrate the importance of feminist thought and production by investing in Reel Grrls. Thanks to many of you, over 500 young people throughout King and Pierce County had an opportunity to gain media literacy, video production skills, and share their voices in 2017. Come listen to a few of our inspiring young media makers speak about their 2017 experience in Reel Grrls’ Apprenticeship and #blvckgrrlsmagic programs about how you changed their lives, and why it is important for you to help us raise money to fund more stories in 2018.
This past summer we worked with 15 young filmmakers to make videos for some of our favorite sister orgs: Y-WE, Rain City Rock Camp for Girls, and Planned Parenthood.
Along with those videos we will also feature work from our #blvckgrrlsmagic program and have put together a panel of Black and African-American teen women along with Dr. Negin Dahya, from the University of Washington Information School whose leadership made this equity-focused program possible.
Since 2001, Reel Grrls has given thousands of students the mentorship and skills to create and critique media with a feminist lens. Our alumni have used the tools they gained in our programs to build careers in film production, digital media, comedy, academic scholarship, and beyond. Today, Reel Grrls continues to serve youth of all economic means — 90% of students benefited from the Reel Grrls scholarships raised by you, our donors. We’re proud of the resources and community we are able to provide to young feminist youth across Washington state, and hope you can join us on November 4th. Come join us for food, fun, grrl power and good times at Zoe Events at 1318 E Union St. in Seattle’s Capitol Hill.
Evening Dress: Come dressed as your favorite FEMINIST!
6:00 – 6:30pm Check-in, enjoy food, drinks, and catch up with friends (Cash Bar)
7:00pm Taco Bar
7:30pm Program Begins, hosted by Wynter Rhys
9:00pm Evening Ends, stay for the Dance Party
Food: Zoe Events will be catering the event
- Crudité: Radish, Baby Carrots, Snap Peas, Cucumbers & Cauliflower with Lemon & Herb Creme Fraiche
- Mezze Platter: House Made Hummus, & Tatziki Dip , Roast Red Peppers, Marinated Olives, Cucumber, Tomato, Feta & Grilled Pit
- Pico De Gallo, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Corn & Flour Tortillas
- Ancho Braised Chicken
- Black Beans & Rice (Vegan)
- Pork Al Pastor
- Jicama and Carrot Salad with Cilantro & Lime
- Grilled Spiced Vegetables
- CAKE and Goodies
- Supporter $25 (entrance, soft drinks, and appetizers)
- Patron $50 (includes a drink ticket)
- VIP $150 (includes 2 premium drink tickets)
Can’t Make it? Donate!
Big thanks to Uncle Harry’s Natural Products & Boeing for sponsoring the event at the Director level!
Writer Level Sponsor
Sponsor grrls to attend the event as an individual or organization.
Why sponsor Reel Grrls fundraiser??
- Creating a future: Be known as a supporter of an excellent non-profit that helps support and empower young girls towards a confident future.
- Creating inspiring moments: Help to fund and support another 15 years with Reel Grrls and help young girls in Seattle follow their dreams and create a strong female presence in the film industry.
- Good networking: Be featured on all of Reel Grrls social media channels that reaches over 30K individuals while also having your logo be featured at our event.
- Good company: Join Adobe among other incredible companies and organizations who help support Reel Grrls.
Benefit sponsors can be proud to support Reel Grrls, an award winning youth media arts non-profit with a strong brand reputation associated with media justice, and Grrl Power! Sponsorship levels are here: RG Fall Sponsorship 2017
Join Uncle Harry’s Natural Products as a sponsor! Sponsors that commit at the Director level, by OCTOBER 10th will have their logos printed on our limited edition “Future is Feminist” designs created by superstar volunteer Mary Jane Coppock!
Contact: Nancy Chang email@example.com
Stay up to date on event updates and other information by joining our mailing list!