THE REEL GRRLS SUMMER APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR A PATH TO A CAREER.
Students who participate in this four-week intensive program will have workshops in advanced camera, lighting, audio, and editing. They will be introduced to client relations, budgeting and producing. Student teams will be paired with participating non-profit organizations and produce a professional client video. After completing this summer intensive, participants will receive a $250 honorarium and be eligible to work for our paid training program, Reel Grrls Productions.
- Media Literacy — what makes high quality and engaging media
- Media Justice — how to use media as a tool for social change and empowerment
- Digital Storytellers — how to use advanced tools to amplify their voice
- Project Planning & Budgeting
- Pre-Production and Storyboarding
- Client Relations
- Advanced Cinematography
- Advanced Audio Production
- Editing and Post Production
Who can apply:
Female, transgender, and gender nonconforming youth ages 16-22.
Prerequisites: Basic video production or animation experience thru Reel Grrls or similar program.
Applicants should have:
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to be flexible and available in order to meet the shooting and production schedules of both clients and professional teaching artists
- Be willing to make the Summer Apprenticeship their priority for the duration of the program
This program will be led by longtime media producers and youth development specialists Laura Jean Cronin & Reid Kuennen.
This program is made possible thanks to the City of Seattle Office of Arts and Culture, Uncle Harry’s Natural Products, and the Derschang Group, Woodhull Institute, Ariel Fund, Lewis Greenwood Foundation, ArtsWA, and 4Culture.
For more info contact Program Coordinator, Taira Shimbashi.